Welcome to my first real blog.
As a new teacher librarian but old English/History teacher I am missing the structures imposed by having my own class and a set curriculum. So this is my new structure! My blog has two purposes
1. To record and promote books suitable for young adults and adolescents
2. To impose a structure on my reading so that I regularly change genres.
I plan to use months as a way into different genres/sub genres themes
- Juicy January (suspense?)
- Fantastic or Fable February
- Mystery March
- Action and adventure or Australian April
- Movie May or Mushy May (chick lit/romance)
- Joking/Jolly June (humour)
- Justice July (standing up for rights)
- Autobiography or Animal August
- Speculative or Sci Fi September
- Old Times October (Historical)
- Knowledge November (Information texts)
- Diary or Dystopian December
I am not going to limit myself to just these genres and can probably fit most books into a month using alliteration. Happy for suggestions.